JoziHub Code of Conduct
The use of the provided by Service is governed by the Membership Terms to which each Member Agrees.
This Code of Conduct incorporates the following provisions (and their subordinate provisions) of the Membership Terms by reference:
• How to Interpret Our Terms;
• Documents and Notices.
The provisions incorporated into this Code of Conduct from the Membership Terms must be read as being applicable to this Code of Conduct, to the extent doing so does not materially change their meaning.
To the extent the provisions of this Code of Conduct conflict with the Membership Terms, the provisions of this Code of Conduct will prevail to the extent of the conflict.
You may not use the Service in any way whatsoever except as permitted by the Service’s functionality or otherwise without our prior written permission.
Use of the Facilities
You agree that:
• Members may only make use of the Facilities in accordance with your applicable membership level and will not exceed your permitted use of the Facilities;
• No unauthorised persons are permitted to use the Facilities unless written permission is provided by JoziHub;
• Members using the Facilities must not do so in a manner that disrupts other Members or prevents other Members from using the Facilities in pursuance of the Service;
• Mobile and electronic devices such as cellular phones, tablets and notebooks must be used in a manner that does not disrupt other Members;
• Members must not interfere with the performance of JoziHub employees or other Members. Such behaviour includes but is not limited to verbal abuse, intimidation, sexual harassment or harassment on account of race, religion, ethnic background, gender or sexual orientation;
• Personal property is brought into JoziHub Facilities at the Member’s risk, and remains their responsibility. JoziHub and Praekelt Foundation are indemnified from any Losses sustained by Members to their personal property and Member’s property should not be left unattended.
• No JoziHub-owned materials, equipment, or property may be taken from the Facilities, except with written authorisation by JoziHub in advance;
• JoziHub-owned materials, equipment or property must not be tampered with or damaged in any way. This includes desks, tables, computers and internet facilities, systems, networks, programmes or data.
• Smoking is not permitted in or near the Facilities;
• The Facilities must be kept clean at all times and any waste disposed of by the members must be done in a manner required by JoziHub;
• Members are required to leave the Facilities at closing time and when requested during emergency situations and drills or following a violation of this Facilities Conduct of Code.
• Only animals trained to assist persons with disabilities are permitted in or near the Facilities.
• Firearms or other deadly weapons, fireworks, explosives and/or explosive devices, or other dangerous devices, are not permitted in or near the Facilities.
• Members are not permitted to rent, lease, loan, or sell access to the Facilities to 3rd Parties whatsoever.
Use of the networks and Internet Facilities
Recognising the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local laws, rules and regulations regarding your conduct on the Service.
You agree to adhere to generally acceptable Internet and messaging etiquette. In this regard, without being limited to the examples listed below, you agree not to use the network, and may not permit any aspect of the Service to be used, for or in conjunction with any illegal, unlawful or immoral purposes or as prohibited by these Terms or –
• in a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any 3rd Party’s Intellectual Property Rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
• submit or otherwise post any person’s Personal Information to the network without that person’s informed, specific and voluntary consent to do so;
• in a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
• to send, disseminate or publish unsolicited messages (irrespective of whether they are commercially oriented or not), “chain letters,” materials promoting “pyramid schemes”;
• to advertise illegal or controlled products or services, or engage in any other advertising or marketing activities that violate the Membership Terms, any applicable laws (including, but not limited to, South African Law), regulatory frameworks or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
• to fail or refuse to honour an express opt-out of any direct marketing messages in a manner consistent with South African Law;
• in a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other Personal Information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
• in a manner that is defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise offensive, threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity;
• in a manner that is harmful to minors in any way;
• in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, colour, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable, as JoziHub may reasonably determine from time to time, in its sole discretion;
• to impersonate JoziHub, any of JoziHub’s Associates, or any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to the network without appropriate authorisation;
• to use the network in such a way as to interfere with network use, so as to constitute a denial, including a partial denial, of service to users;
• to use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user’s account or to monitor or copy JoziHub’s Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Platform; and/or
• in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service or to users.
Additionally, you agree not to:
• “Stalk” or otherwise harass anyone;
• Collect and process any person’s Personal Information without that person’s informed, specific and voluntary consent;
• Use the JoziHub name in a such a manner as to suggest an unauthorised association between you or your principal and JoziHub;
• Post any Content depicting or describing child pornography to the Service;
• Post any Content that JoziHub, in its sole discretion, determines depicts or contains pornography, unwarranted nudity, sexual violence, extreme violence, murder, bestiality, incest, or other similar Content;
• Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download or otherwise use Personal Information (this does not include Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with JoziHub’s reasonable restrictions and guidelines for such activities, including through the use of a robots.txt or similar file); and/or
• Use the network as a generic file hosting service.
• Circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with the network’s security related features or any other features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content, protect Personal Information or enforce limitations on Service use.
Should you engage in any one or more of the above practices, which shall be determined in our sole discretion (and which decision shall be final), we shall be entitled, without prejudice to any other rights we may have, to:
• without notice, suspend or terminate your use of the Facilities;
• Terminate your membership with JoziHub;
• hold you liable for any costs we incur as a result of your, users’ or a Designated Representative’s misconduct; and/or
• notwithstanding our Data Protection Policy found on the network disclose any information relating to you, whether public or personal, to all persons affected by your actions as well as to appropriate legal authorities.